Thursday, April 11, 2013

Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Lemonaise


If you're anything like me - it's that we both love anything salty for a snack. Sometimes you just gotta skip the sweets and go for that savory, salty treat from time to time. Before, it used to be McDonald's french fries (believe me, I'd go to that joint anytime I pleased), but now that I've become a lot more conscious with what I put in my mouth, I've tried to look for healthier alternatives that taste just as good and give my body nutrition to boot. Enter baked kamote or sweet potato fries - a snack that's soooo easy to make and so delicious at the same time. My sister and I are obsessed! Have it in the afternoon as merienda or paired with your main course at lunch or dinner. Hope you like it as much as I do! :)

Ingredients:
1 large sweet potato
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
Rosemary (fresh or dried)
Oregano
Crushed basil leaves
Lemonaise (you may choose to try other dips such as Vegenaise or Greek Yogurt) In fact, the fries are so good you can even eat them alone. No dip necessary!

Directions:
1. Slice the sweet potato into shoestring shapes or a bit thicker (as shown above).
2. Drizzle sliced sweet potato with olive oil (1 tbsp will do), together with salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano, and basil. Mix well so that all areas are covered with the seasoning.
3. You may use a small toaster oven to bake your fries. Put the sliced and seasoned sweet potato in a nonstick pan and leave in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Check back from time to time to avoid burning. 
4. Serve with dip and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment