Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Grocery Review: Bob's Red Mill Organic High Fiber Pancake & Waffle Whole Grain Mix


Available at Healthy Options at P249!
Rating: 3/3 stars ★★★

I used to be anti-pancakes. Breakfast for me had to consist of salty/savory staples such as toast, butter/toast, eggs, hotdogs, bacon, and whatnot. Ever since I've started trying to go down the healthy route, I've found myself experimenting more with goodies from Healthy Options. In my quest for healthier breakfast options, I came across this pancake mix by Bob's Red Mill. A bit pricey for a pancake mix but it serves its purpose and much more.

If you're serious about cutting down on bad carbs aka processed flours and starches, you have to start swapping your usual pancake mix for this one. Number one, it's organic. Number two, it has high fiber and whole grain content which means its got those little things that help clean your tummy and avoid bad cholesterol build-up in your system. Number three, it's delicious!

Preparing the mix is pretty easy. You just need the following:

1 cup pancake/waffle mix
1 egg
3/4 cup skim milk or soy milk
1 tbsp oil (try to use canola oil if possible)

Mix everything together and start pan frying that batter for a delicious way to start your day. Add other equally delicious and healthy stuff like bananas, assorted berries, cinnamon powder, low-calorie maple syrup, or blueberry jam, and I promise, you will love it even more! Pair your meal with green tea for faster metabolism and you're good to go. Good morning!

My version of a great start to the day

No comments:

Post a Comment