Tuesday, January 4, 2011

To new beginnings!

I spent the Christmas break in Boracay with my family :)
The 2010 holidays found me eating my heart out and having the time of my life with countless celebrations with family and friends. I don't know about you but I had one hell of a memorable Christmas and New Years'. As every holiday season comes to an end, a brand new year starts and January finds everyone trying to pay for the delicious "sins" we had in December. I will never forget that lechon kawali and kare-kare we had in San Pedro Laguna, or the bottomless Japanese food fest I had with friends at Toki, the fried food we kept eating in Boracay (all with rice, take note), my mom's delicious Christmas ham, or all the sweets I've eaten in between. Quota na! Those will be good food memories. Till the next splurge, I gotta go back to making sure I take care of myself. Who's with me in NOT feeling sluggish, lethargic, and getting sick in 2011? :)

I feel good about 2011. I made a promise to myself at the start of the year, and I take it day by day to gradually build up to the realization of that promise. In trying to get fit or losing weight (or anything you want to do for that matter), I believe in breaking the process down so that you get to achieve little goals bit by bit. Before you know it, you've done the entire thing! So don't lose hope this year. Don't be one of those people that say "I don't want to make resolutions because they never happen", instead, put an end to self-doubt and do what you can, and let God do the rest! :) All it takes is a little motivation and whole lot of action. Happy new year and God bless your 2011!!!

Before I go, I'd like to share some new stuff I'm into. Hope you like them!

 
Check out the new circuit training routine I'm doing from one of my latest favorite websites, www.toneitup.tv! This duo is so inspiring, and they are undeniably fit and sexy! Their site offers easy to do healthy recipes as well! Be sure to check it out :)

A good way to get your 5-a-day strategy on: the grilled veggie sandwich!
So this is what my sister and I had for lunch. It's pretty easy to make, say you have 20 minutes on your hands, why not spend it making yourself a yummy, nutritious lunch?

Ingredients:
2 slices wheat bread
Tomato garlic dip (we like the one from Bravo)
Zucchini, eggplant, tomato, onion, red and green bell peppers, onion (you may use as much of these veggies as you like, their caloric content are super low and won't mess your diet up. Chop them up!)
Kesong puti or goat cheese
Olive oil
Nu Salt (we like this salt as it has no sodium! Available at Healthy Options)
Ground black pepper
Ground oregano (this makes everything taste better)

Steps:
1. Pre-heat your electric griller.
2. Chop the veggies into your desired size. Make sure they are not too small because you're going to grill them!
3. Brush some olive oil on the veggies and place them all on the griller.
4. Turn the veggies over one time.
5. Spread tomato garlic sauce on your wheat bread.
6. Pile on the veggies, shredded kesong puti, and sprinkle some oregano on top. 
7. Slice the sandwich and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment