Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What I Had For Lunch: Day 1

An electric grill is an excellent investment for your health! :)
Getting bored with my breakfast posts? I know I am. Hahaha! Let me introduce to you my latest addition to this blog: the lunch portion! :) It's one thing to start the day right with breakfast, but it's another thing to be mindful of what you eat for the rest of the day. Make sure your lunch is one that's healthful, nutritious, and just enough to keep your energy up for the rest of the day.

"Whether you are eating out or brown-bagging it, lunch is an important meal for every woman and can be an excellent time to get in some of your 5 A Day fruit and veggie requirement via typical entrees such as salad, sandwiches, and soup." --The Daily Fix by Alexa Fishback, MS, RD

Today, I had the following for lunch: (these values are split into two as I had lunch with my sister)
1 chicken breast (grilled) - 142 cal.
1 medium potato (boiled, mashed) - 128 cal
1/2 cup arugula leaves - 3 cal.
1/2 cup assorted mixed greens - approx. 5 cal.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil - 120 cal.
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar - 5 cal.
1 tbsp ground basil powder - 11 cal.
1 tsp cayenne pepper - 6 cal.
1 dash ground black pepper - 0.1 cal.
1 glass Florida's Natural orange juice (no pulp) - 121 cal.
Total: 541.1 calories

Compare it with a regular cheeseburger meal from McDonald's:
1 cheeseburger - 300 cal.
1 regular french fries - 231 cal.
1 regular Coke - 90 cal.
1 packet fancy ketchup - 10 cal.
Total: 631 calories

Choose wisely! :) Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment