Sunday, August 29, 2010

What I Had for Breakfast: Day 1

I love preparing breakfast! It really is the most important meal of my day. (Photos by me)

Everyone should start his or her day with a hearty breakfast - and I'm not talking about Tapsilog or oily bacon and syrupy pancakes. To keep it simple, have in mind that you should be consuming a good portion of fiber and protein, in the neighborhood of 300-500 calories. This ensures that you wake up with a boost of energy for the day, and fewer cravings throughout. 

With the help of www.calorieking.com, let me break down what I had for breakfast earlier today:

Today, I had the following for breakfast:
1 whole ripe mango - 135 cal.
2 ripe seƱorita bananas - 144 cal.
1 slice wheat toast - 65 cal.
2 tbsp. peanut butter - 188 cal.
1/2 glass low-fat milk - 52.5 cal.
1 cup milk tea - 120 cal.
Total: 704.5 calories

Looks like I exceeded my breakfast limit! Gotta cut down on the beverages. As I said in my last post, I'll be drinking nothing but water for the next two weeks. That should cut my beverage calories down to a good zero. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment